Healthy and tasty don’t always go hand-in-hand. Fortunately, I’ve developed a little collection of nutritious recipes I love that are super fun and delicious. Who says we can’t have our cake and be healthy too? Let’s take a look!
Avocados are the hot thing in cuisine right now. Filled with healthy fats vitamins, it works deliciously in baked sweets, like brownies, my favorite! Win-win guys. You can also check out my ultimate brownie challenge video for more recipes ideas!
Ready in 45 min
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place avocado in a food processor or blender; blend until you get green goo. Whisk avocado and coconut oil together in a bowl until smooth.
- Whisk flour, coconut sugar, almond milk, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt into avocado mixture until batter is well combined. Spread batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until brownies get toasty, about 30 minutes.
Feel-good breakfast shake
We all need an energy boost in the morning. But when there’s no time for a full-on meal like eggs and toast, this power smoothie is packed with nutrients. Drink up!
Ready in 10 min
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 leaves kale, torn into several pieces
- 3 tablespoons white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup water
- Combine banana, mango, kale, white beans, coconut, and matcha powder in a blender; add water. Blend mixture until very smooth.
Thai rolls and hot peanut sauce
Thai rolls are one of my faves. Loaded with flavor and spice, it’s comfort food that’s still good for you. And best of all, they look gorgeous, making them a perfect appetizer when friends come over.
Ready in 45 min
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, white parts thinly sliced lengthwise
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 cilantro leaves
- 16 sheets rice paper
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Silk® Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (such as Sriracha), or more to taste
- Chop all vegetables into tiny pieces, but cut the cucumbers in long 3 inch strands
- Working one at a time, soak a sheet of rice paper in a shallow dish of warm water until soft, about 10 seconds.
- Lay softened sheet gently on a flat surface, then place the veggie fillings in the center
- Gently fold bottom and top of rice paper to cover filling and then roll up like a burrito. Repeat with remaining rice paper and fillings.
- To serve, mix peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl and serve with spring rolls.
Cauliflower pizza crust
Calling all carb phobes! Cauliflower pizza crust is a hit. Whether you’re gluten-free or just a health nut, you’ll love this yummy recipe.
Ready in 1 hour
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and separated into florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 ounce finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Puree cauliflower in a food processor until finely ground.
- Cook ground cauliflower, water, and salt together in a skillet over medium-high heat until most of the water evaporates, 5 to 6 minutes. Cool completely.
- Transfer cauliflower to the center of a clean dish towel. Wrap and squeeze tightly to remove all excess moisture. You should have about 1 1/2 cups cauliflower pulp.
- Stir cauliflower, goat cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, egg, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl to form a soft dough. Gather dough into a ball and place in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Press dough into circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, about 40 minutes. Cool and turn crust over before topping.