As Valentine’s Day sneaks closer, some of us panic. We all want to find the right romantic gift, the kind that makes our loved one feel special and valued. As the old saying goes, “it’s the thought that counts”– but boy, can that thought be tricky! To help you along, I’ve created a guide to gift giving based on what has worked for me in the past. This process can be done in three phases: the thought, the preparation and the surprise!
- First, consider what they like. If it’s cooking, some new kitchen gadgets might be appreciated or if it’s technology, you might consider the latest Google or Apple thingie. Maybe they love their hair– a high-end grooming set, maybe?
- Unique and well-planned is more meaningful than how much you spend. At the same time, though, nobody ever huffs and puffs about getting pricey trinkets! So, it should be a balance between respecting your price range, while also making the gift thoughtful.
- The goal is to make them smile before opening the box. I remember once, Andrew gave me a gift wrapped in the dorkiest neon yellow packaging– it had me smiling right away! That’s the idea.
- Take your time choosing the wrapping paper and ribbon to give more personality to the gift. This way, the experience will be way more memorable!
- Include a card that explains the gift and your thoughts behind it. This extra detail touches their heart!
- Unexpected wins every time! Besides, isn’t it so much nicer when you get those butterflies? Choose a moment to give the gift when they least expect. Here are some ideas:
- First thing in the morning
- When they’r taking a shower
- At their work
- While they’re getting ready to go out
- In an Uber ride
With this sweet approach to gifting, you’ll not only make them feel loved, you’ll also be making memories!